To add a new server in Gridpane, you must be using the Chrome browser.
- On the Servers page, in the Provision a Server section, click the desired server provider. If none was specified, use “Vultr”.
- In the page that pops up, enter the customer# (for example, C00101) followed by “-n”, where “n” is the server number in case they have multiple servers. You’ll end up with a server name something like C00101-1.
- Choose the correct server plan based on the customer’s order. A new popup will appear that allows you to select a server region, do so based on the customer’s order. You may need to double-check this against the server provider’s up-to-date availability, they don’t notify Gridpane in a timely fashion when things change.
- The rest of the fields default to the correct values. Click “Create Server”. After a few seconds, a popup will appear with password for the gridpane account. We don’t really need it, so just close the popup.
- If you refresh the Server page, you’ll see the new server as it is being built. Take note of the IP address and Datacenter in the customer’s “info” file.
- It takes about 15-20 minutes for the setup. The progress bar doesn’t move reliably, so refresh the page from time to time to monitor its progress.